Request an Appointment
Ayurveda Treatment for IBS
Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome [IBS]
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), also described as ‘Spastic Colon’ and termed ‘Grahani’ in Ayurveda is a functional bowel disorder characterized by chronic abdominal pain, digestion problem, discomfort, bloating, alteration of bowel habits in the absence of any detectable organic cause. In some cases, the symptoms are relieved by bowel movements. Diarrhea or constipation may predominate, or they may alternate (classified as IBS-D, IBS-C or IBS-A, respectively). Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms may manifest after an infection (post-infectious, IBS-PI), a stressful life event, or onset of maturity without any other medical indicators. Irritable bowel syndrome causes, in some cases, severe itching and burning sensation on the head, described as the Irritable bowel syndrome scalp. Several conditions may present as IBS including celiac disease, mild infections, parasitic infections like giardiasis, several inflammatory bowel diseases, functional chronic constipation, and chronic functional abdominal pain. With our success of IBS treatment in Ayurveda, AyurVAID stands a leader in Ayurvedic treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome in Bangalore, Kochi and Kalmatia, the Himalayas. AyurVAID is the forefront of Irritable Bowel Syndrome treatment.
Signs and Symptoms of IBS
Abdominal pain, fullness, gas, and bloating that have been present for at least 6 months are the main symptoms of IBS. The pain and other symptoms will often:
- Occur after meals
- Come and go
- Be reduced or go away after a bowel movement
People with IBS may switch between constipation and diarrhea, or mostly have one or the other.
- People with diarrhea will have frequent, loose, watery stools. They will often have an urgent need to have a bowel movement, which is difficult to control.
- Those with constipation will have difficulty passing stool, as well as less frequent bowel movements. They will often need to strain and will feel cramping with a bowel movement. Often, they do not eliminate any stool, or only a small amount.
Some may develop Irritable Bowel Syndrome scalp with severe itching and burning sensation on the scalp. For some people, the symptoms may get worse for a few weeks or a month, and then decrease for a while. For others, symptoms are present most of the time and may even slowly increase. People with IBS may also lose their appetite.Irritable Bowel Syndrome treatment lies in alleviating these signs and symptoms.
Risk Factors of IBS
IBS tends to be more common in:
- People in their late 20s
- IBS is two times more common in women than in men
- People who have panic disorder or other psychological conditions
- People who have a family history of IBS
- People who have a history of physical or sexual abuse or other psychological trauma, several studies have found a link between a history of abuse and gastrointestinal disorders.
- People with other conditions such as depression, migraine headaches, and fibromyalgia (which causes widespread muscle and soft-tissue pain and tenderness)
Diagnosis and Lab Investigations
There is no test to diagnose IBS, but tests may be done to rule out other problems:
- Blood tests to see if you have a low blood count (anemia)
- Stool cultures to rule out an infection
IBS Treatment in Ayurveda
Nidhana & Samprapthi
From an Ayurvedic perspective, Grahani is caused due to the vitiation of vata and pitta doshas. Accumulation of toxins or ama, could also lead to this disease condition. Excessive intake of spicy, oily foods, irregular food habits can cause an aggravation in the disease condition. Grahani may also develop due to excess stress. AyurVAID is in the forefront in providing ayurvedic treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome in Bangalore
Irritable bowel syndrome Treatment principles include Nidhana Parivarchana, Agni Deepana, Grahithwam – Withholding capacity, psychosocial issues and encourage Self-Management
AyurVAID Outcome of IBS
- Apparent relief in signs & symptoms
- Very lesser possibility of recurrence
How AyurVAID Can Help You?
Modern medicine has limited source of medical treatment such as temporary medication with intestinal antibiotics, anti-diarrhoeal, salazopyrine, steroids, immune modulator or drugs and lastly surgery. But these drugs only control the episodes of the disease and not cure them. Moreover these modern drugs have a huge list of possible side effects like intolerance and toxicity to other organs like kidney, liver, pancreas, eyes etc. Ayurveda therapy is very vital and has been proven effective in limiting the symptoms of the disease.
AyurVAID Kalmatia at Almora, Kumaon, Uttarakhand, in the Himalayas, has a rigorous process driven approach to identify the causes of IBS, assessment of the severity of disease based upon Ayurveda and allopathy parameters, a systematic flow to derive the pathogenesis of the disease and plan a Chikitsa based upon the same. Also a unique approach to have the sustained well-being after the main treatments to prevent the relapse of the inflammatory bowel disease. This is done with planned reviews to keep a track of the health status. Diet and lifestyle recommendations are advised to follow.
For Customized Packages, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org